Building trust with someone you love could be one of the hardest things to do; imagine what happens when trust is broken, lost, or forgotten?
The idea of trusting someone other than yourself sounds terrifying; it feels unknown, yet someone you still choose to trust again and become stronger than imagined.
The question is, how do you build trust again with the ones who have hurt you before?
I would be lying to you if I said that trust is gained instantly, that everything will be fine afterward and that you will not have to worry about a thing after reading this blog post. I would be lying.
The stages of rebuilding trust are so much more profound than when first establishing trust itself.
The belief that trust can be given to someone 100% with honesty seems like a business deal that is not preparing you for the aftershock.
However, I have crafted a few ideas that can potentially help you rebuild trust again with someone.
- Honesty: is the critical formula for trust to be installed within your life and the life of others.
- Discipline: being disciplined allows you to understand the stages of trust; discipline comes with honesty; when you combine them, you have already set the foundation for trust.
- Communication: this one is one of the hardest. Although you are taught to verbalize when young, you might forget the importance of communicating how you feel without having filters between the lines. By communicating, you can understand when things go wrong with a more profound POV if you express your thoughts, concerns, and worries.
- Calm: being calm during the process of rebuilding trust is such a massive part of the process. Being able to stay calm within yourself allows you to think clearly and process everything going on around you.
- Patience: allows us to stay within our Zen when battling our emotions; it prepares us for greatness during the chaos.